Yes, friends who needs exotic travel, or creativity, when you can pick apples? We found ourselves getting out the door and into the car yesterday at the early hour of noon bound for Anderson Orchard, where we planned to pick apples, plums, and raspberries to our hearts content. We arrived 45 minutes later and proceeded to pick. It was a bit of a problem convincing Anya that we were picking, and not so much eating. I'm not sure that we entirely got through to her. Daylin and Bethany remembered picking peaches several years ago and were quite excited. Hyrum was just happy to climb a tree. The kids decided that we need to grow bigger, more climbable trees in the future. My impressions? Picking raspberries takes a LONG time. Apples and plums fill up bags FAST. Also, Gala apples taste about the same from the store as off the tree. Heather's favorite part was sitting under a shady apple tree and eating our lunch.
As if we hadn't gotten wild and crazy enough as it was with apple picking, we decided to take our experience to the next level and make a pie. This went well enough, even considering the misshapen monstrosity that we generously labeled "apple pie." It was pretty tasty even given it's lack of pie'ish appearance.
Now we've quashed our desire for experiencing the exotic, you can expect us to go back to the ho hum of day to day life. At least for a little while. While you wait anxiously for our next adventure, feel free to enjoy the photo documentation of our experience. Or you can wait to see them in the next National Geographic magazine.
Click the photo below for a whole slew o' photos! Remember to click the slideshow button on the photo page for a nice photo presentation!
![]() |
| Apple Picking |

3 comments:
How fun! That pie looked good to me! I think I know what I'll be making again soon!
Dave, I think that you must be on a lighter shift - you have been updating a ton! I love it!
We used to do this when we lived in Virginia and wish Arizona had places to pick apples....too hot! You have such a cute family I am so glad you had such a fun and yummy day.
Post a Comment