Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School 2008

Well, for the first time in seven years I have only one child at home with me a few days out of the week. Very strange! Hyrum began kindergaten this morning full of smiles and slight twinges of nerves. Bethany was excited to go to the bus stop because our neighbors dog would be there who she absolutely adores. Daylin spent the previous night so anxious and excited that she and I got only two hours of sleep. I'm feeling a bit sleep deprived tonight. However, Daylin was running to the bus stop this morning, bursting with excitement. Anya meandered her way to the bus stop, petted the neighbors dog and then told all that she couldn't be friends with the dog anymore becuase she had a nose. :)

They had a wonderful day today - even Anya got over her tears at being left behind. She felt much better when I explained that she has another three years of "mommy school" to go.

First Day of School 2008

2 comments:

Kasi said...

Hi Heather! I saw your blog on Krista's, so of course I had to check it out! Your kids are so cute!

Our blog is:

http://kasigood.typepad.com/living_the_good_life/

Kasi

Mary Kalree said...

Wow is this a Heather entry? Welcome to blogging. :) So did anyone notice the sign on the bus? Did the kids skip a few grades...