Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Anya's arm is Almost Better!


Many of you know this already, but for those of you who don't, Anya broke her arm. It happened almost a month ago and she has been sporting a spiffy pink cast ever since. She seems to have gotten used to it better than I have. Every time I see her with it I frown a little and sigh. So sad to see my baby without the use of her arm. I'm sure you are wondering how on earth did this little precious dainty (HA!) child ever break her arm? Oh, ye of little understanding! Anya is constantly climbing and falling off things. Why? WHY? Seems like we're always pulling her down from her latest perch, or picking her up off the floor below it. Well of course, she didn't break her arm that way. She actually rolled out of bed in the middle of the night. Just right. Woke us up around 1AM. She seemed better after a while, but in the morning, she kept crying when she bumped her arm, and the rest is history.

As you may imagine, this has complicated things around here somewhat from getting dressed and undressed to going to the potty. You might be thinking that it also means she can't get in the water, but you would be wrong. Apparently casting has gotten quite sophisticated and they are now waterproof. Maybe this is not news to you, but it was to me, which I have to admit is a little embarrassing since I am supposed to know about these sort of things. Well, in any case we are going to get it off tomorrow, and have been talking non stop about the "noisy tickler" that they will use to cut off the cast. She is excited now. That of course will abruptly end when they actually turn on the noisy tickler tomorrow.

PS: This entry is already old. Anya got her cast off and did great. I still liked the entry, so I posted it anyway.

No comments: