Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Rest of our Vacation

Shortly after Christmas day, David flew back to the bitter cold of Indiana to work. I stayed with the kids in Houston so that the kids could play with their cousins. We made some wonderful memories. I am constantly amazed at how loved my children feel surrounded by family. A great big Thank you to all my siblings, their spouses and my parents for all the love and attention they showered on us.

This is my sister Jenny who bravely allowed three little 3 yr olds to help her in the kitchen!
From The rest of Christmas


This is a photo of all the grandchildren. What a great looking crowd!
From The rest of Christmas


Since David had to leave, my sister April graciously accepted the invitation to be my date for the sibling dinner. I'll definitely ask her out again! :)
From The rest of Christmas


My brother-in-law Joseph is a policeman in Shenandoah, which is outside Houston. The kids had a great time being fingerprinted, touring the police station and sitting in a real police. (The policeman talking to the kids is not my brother-in-law, he is to the far right in the picture)
From The rest of Christmas


Each morning my bathroom turned into the hair salon! I had a great time doing hair and teaching new hairstyles.
From The rest of Christmas


One of the great attractions was the trampoline. The grand kids spent hours jumping on it and creating new games. I love this picture of my brother David. I think he was teaching them a new trick.
From The rest of Christmas


This is a picture of my mom dancing with Anya. The kids convinced my parents to pull out the old record player - soemthing they have never seen! My mom put on one of her Beatles records from her teen years and we all danced in my parents bedroom. It was hilarious! The record player couldn't decide whether to play fast or slow!
From The rest of Christmas



A huge thank you to my Dad who so willingly drove the kids and I back to Indiana! Without his willingness to drive us back, we wouldn't have been able to stay the extra week. I love you Dad! Thank you! (In this picture my dad is helping Hyrum put together a model airplane while he waited to get on his own airplane back to Houston.)
From The rest of Christmas

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Very fun to see all the pictures! Good times! Can't wait until next time.