These last few months have been difficult, filled with illnesses, physical ailments and the job search. Now that Christmas is over, traveling done for a bit and the job search finished, I have a few moments to breath before the next crisis diverts my attention.
On to more interesting things:
My kids love playing over at our neighbors house. They have three girls who are best friends with my three girls. If there is any free moment, they are together playing. Hyrum also spends time over there when there are no boys available to play with. I must also admit, I like spending time with their mom too. We both love to sew and be involved with our kids, so we have a lot to talk about!
This fall the kids decided to make a clubhouse out in the woods behind the neighbors house. They spent weeks working on it! We could hear the kids and catch glimpses of them through the trees, but never actually went to see the club house. When I was a kid, I loved building clubhouses and tree houses! I was thrilled that they were getting the opportunity to explore and imagine! Then, one day, I heard the kids talking about how the almost got lost getting to the clubhouse and that they hoped the people driving by couldn't see them. That made me wonder how far back in the woods this little project was. So, instead of braving the bitter cold and finding out - I sent David.
To get to the club house they had to cross a stream and follow pieces of string they had tied to the trees. The trek wound back and forth for about ten minutes and finally ended up at a few trees they had wound string around. That was it - oh, and the cars on 56th street could see them!
David told the kids the clubhouse had to be moved back into the trees and he helped them put a log across the stream so that their boots wouldn't be soaked (something the kids didn't tell me about. Boy they stink!).
Here are some fun pictures of their trek to the tree house and the new bridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment