About eight years ago we moved into our first house in San Antonio. I assumed we would plant a few flowers and attempt to keep the yard looking nice. To my amazement, I discovered I had married a talented, visionary, landscape artist who designed and put in a sprinkler system (that worked!), turned a weedy lawn into lush green turf, continually changed the landscaping and proudly grew fabulous vegetables. I learned not to doubt any of his ideas because every thing he tried his hand at was beautiful (not including the weeds).
The highlight of each summer is the bushel of tomatoes we grow: cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes and slicing tomatoes. The kids love to eat the cherry tomatoes while they are outside playing and the rest we have found creative ways of using in large quantity. :) Here are some pictures of the kids and David putting in this years garden. Notice the new electric fence we have put up to keep the bunnies out. Last year we trapped and relocated sixteen bunnies, but they still managed to demolish most of our garden. This year we are prepared - hopefully.
2 comments:
Fun to see the pictures. Good luck with those rabbits!
Looks like fun! I am feeling like I ought to plant a garden too. Especially after reading that talk Jenny sent to us all! :)
Post a Comment