About two months ago, David found out he could get some $5 tickets to the Indiana Pacers basketball game. He thought this would be a great idea since he takes the girls to the Father Daughter Valentines dance each year. He called Hyrum out of his nap to ask him his thoughts on the matter. It went something like this:
David: Hyrum, would you like to go to a basketball game with me?
Hyrum: Uhhh...why?
David: Uhh... so that we can watch basketball. It will be just you and me, kind of like when I take Daylin and Bethany to the dance.
Hyrum: (thoughtful) Okay. Maybe I can learn some new basketball tricks to teach my friends.
I couldn't help but laugh at this conversation. Our kids don't know diddly about sports, nor do they understand the point of watching a game on t.v., let alone paying to watch one. The after game conversation went something like this:
Heather: Hey! How was the game? Did you have fun?
Hyrum: Yeah! We had hot dogs, chips and Sprite!
Heather: Who won the game?
Hyrum: Uhhh.... I don't know. Well, maybe we did. I don't know. Goodnight mommy.
Regardless, they seemed to have a great time.
Here are some pictures from the game. Double click to go to the album.
1 comment:
So fun to see David and Hyrum having a father/sons outing!
Post a Comment