Thursday, April 16, 2009

Anya turns 3

Well, ladies and gentleman - I am actually putting this post together on my own. I know, I know. It's about time. Sometimes I will write an entry, but David always does the technical side of it. It's not that I can't do it, but I wanted David to feel like this was his blog. However, David has so much on his plate right now that there may not be any new blog entries for a while. Thus - my entry to the blogging world. Like the new background I chose?

On to Anya's birthday. A couple of weeks ago Anya turned THREE! I'm not sure what I think about that. I love that she is potty trained, sleeps through the night (except for last night when she called me into her room because "the dark bothers me"), can feed herself, put herself down for a nap and can almost dress herself. These are all great milestone - but my baby is growing up. Her cuddles are harder to come by and her dramatic emotions are escalating. She continues to make us laugh with how she views the world. Her verbal skills are highly entertaining! She loves people and views all adults as people who will listen to her and play with her. At the library she will walk up to any adult, sit down on their lap or next to them and ask to be read a story - regardless of the fact that I am sitting there with a book to read to her! I am amazed at how she remembers the names of all the kids in her nursery class, the neighborhood, dance class, the library and my institute class. (My favorite is a girl named Emmaline - Anya calls her Dandelie) Did you know, she can now peddle her little three wheeler all the way around the circle to her friends house? She is a joy, a trial, a spot of sunshine, exasperating and will always be our little redhead.

Here are some fun pictures from her birthday party. For some reason I could not find the brain power required to plan a themed birthday party, so we had a leftover party. Left over treat bags, party favors and games from previous parties was the order of the day. She invited three friends over and we had a good time. Anya thought is was great!

Remember - if you double click on the photo you can see more, bigger pictures.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Loved seeing all of the pictures! The background is nice - definitely more feminine!