This is the year of Harry Potter in our family. Hyrum wanted to be Harry Potter. Daylin wanted to be Hermione, and Bethany wanted to Ginny Weasley. Anya wanted to be a ballerina - "something pretty."
I check around at buying the costumes, but thought I could make them better and cheaper myself. What was I thinking! Yes, they were a higher quality, but they ended up costing about the same amount. I even crocheted the scarves - which they are now duty bound to where for the rest of the winter! David even made them wands - which meant I had to sew pockets into their robes. It is very difficult to hold a heavy bag of candy and your wand.
They had a wonderful time at the ward trunk-or-treat and trick-or- treating with the neighbors. They came home frozen with 5 gallon size bags full of candy.
4 comments:
I am sooooooooooo impressed! I love the scarves! Did you use the same stitch as on the baby blankets? And how did Dave make the wands? Will the kids wear the scarves for the rest of winter?
All the hard work paid off. The kids looked awesome!!
You are amazing!! They look so stinkin' cute!!! Nice job!
Loved the costumes, but LOVE THE KIDS THE MOST!
Post a Comment