As a little girl, my mom told us stories of her time at the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It was there, talking to people in the audience that she realized she wanted to go on a mission - which she did. Since I married David, he has talked about how much he enjoyed being part of the 600 person cast when he was a teenager. Yet, even with all that talk, I have never seen the Pageant!
Knowing that this is probably the last year we will be within easy driving distance (10 hours) we decided to make the trek. The trip to Niagara Falls was great, but the real purpose was to see the Pageant.
It was a great experience! We found a spot, spread out our blanket on the grass and called our parents to tell them where we were - making another link in the story. Daylin thought the most memorable part was when Christ came. I agree. I also liked Nephi's boat. Another thing the kids found memorable was the protesters that shouted through bull horns for hours at a time. Poor people.
Since it was too dark to take many good pictures, here are a few we took before the pageant started. I think Anya was the star of these pictures!
3 comments:
David,
Bryson and I went to the Pageant this year as well! We went on Tuesday, July 13th and loved it! We also visited Niagara Falls and Kirtland. I am glad you all had a lot of fun!
Just kidding...we went on the 14th. :) When did you all go?
We went on the 18th. The kids thought it was pretty good. The next day we went to a nearby ward that was obviously swollen with visitors. They seemed a bit overwhelmed. Then we drove for 10 hours all the way back to Indiana. What joy!
Post a Comment