Each time we visit California, we like to stop in at Disneyland. David's parents live about and hour and a half from Disneyland, but my brother lives on 20 minutes from the park. This time, knowing how exhausting the day can be, we drove to my brother David's house the night before, woke up early the next morning and made it to Disneyland before the lines were too long. But they were still long! And hot!
Highlights of the day:
*Hyrum went on his first roller coaster ride (Space Mountain). His thought: "I thought I was going to die! It was awesome!"
*Anya's excitement at seeing Dori in the Nemo ride.
*The Buzz Lightyear ride stopping in one spot long enough for mommy to get a great score!
*Seeing the looks of terror on Daylin and Bethany's faces as they clung together during the Haunted House ride.
*All of the kids dancing in the street with the Disney characters.
*Anya's squeals of delight in the Tiki room and the Small World ride.
*Bethany turning her head at just the right moment to get a swollen lip.
*Our stroller walking (strolling?) away.
*Daylin discovering she really didn't like roller coasters.
*Due to the preceding highlight, Bethany loved roller coasters.
*Hyrum breaking down at 6:00pm from heat exhaustion and threatening to throw up. We went home after that.
All in all, a great day. Thank you David and Jenna for letting us stay at your home for two nights. You guys are great company! Next time, I hope to still have my voice during those late night conversations!
4 comments:
So fun to get all of the updates - I have been looking forward to them! Thanks for keeping us posted.
How fun! Jayson and I are actually leaving this week for DisneyWorld - but doing it without kids! Should be twice the fun, but somehow not half the fun! It's great to see your family. Hope all is well.
It looks like you guys had fun at Disneyland. I was sad I didn't get to give all the kids one last hug before you guys left. You have such a fun family, I enjoyed meeting and being around you guys. We'll just have to make a trip to Indiana since I've never been there.
We were really glad to have a chance to meet you before the wedding too Kimi! We are excited to see you next week. I think you should definitely come to Indiana!
Post a Comment