Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Well, spring break this year closely resembled last years. We went to Houston and worked while the kids played. Last year we were looking for a practice for David to join, hope in our hearts and confidence in our step. A year later, battered and bruised, we went back to Texas to find a home and smooth out details regarding his new employment.

While the kids played with cousins, Aunt Mindy and grandparents - David and I searched for a home. Here are some pictures of what we finally decided on. It has the hoped for five bedrooms, eat in kitchen and "big enough" back yard. There are also a lot of extras that we would never have put in a house ourselves, but are thrilled to have.

From New House

From New House

From New House

7 comments:

Donna Leavitt said...

Where is this great new house of yours? What ward are you going to be i? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Jenna said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Does this mean Thanksgiving's at your house? (:

Heather Sycamore said...

Donna - we will be in the Richmond 1st ward and the house is in Long Meadow Farms neighborhood. The drive to the hospital is a little longer than we wanted, but the neighborhood is in the right place.

Heather Sycamore said...

Jenna - Thanksgiving is totally at my house! The kitchen has two ovens - perfect for Thanksgiving!

Bethany said...

I am sooooooo happy for you Heather and David!!! Congratulations. I am just wondering if this house is too perfect. You guys won't have to do any "projects" to make it better. You are so good at fixing up your house. I am still sad your not moving to my neighborhood in Utah!!! :) When will you move?

Heather Sycamore said...

Bethany - We have to move out of our home in Indianapolis May 28th, but can't move-in to our new home until July 16th. As for projects, I don't have near enough furniture for this house! I have a feeling I will be painting some rooms as well.

Jenny said...

The house looks beautiful! All this talk of Thanksgiving makes me want to come for a visit! Love you.