Sunday, January 18, 2009

Reading with the Kids

Today I finished reading "The City of Ember" to the kids today. They LOVED it. We've read a few books together since starting the Chronicles of Narnia, but they have never reacted so strongly to a book before. They were on the edge of their seats for the last half of the book. It's been fun since the kids have gotten old enough to pay attention to a longer book that we can read over a few weeks period. Even Hyrum gets what is going on. So if you are looking for a book to read with your kids, this one might be a good one to try.

From Reading to the Kids

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Allen and I really enjoyed listening to this one on tape. Fun that the kids enjoyed it so much. There is a sequel to this book. The people of Sparks. I just looked it up on wiki and there are a total of 4 books in the series.

Jenna said...

Sounds fun! I haven't gotten much success with "longer" books yet...my kids still enjoy the typical children's books best. Maybe Matthew would enjoy trying this one? ...At least I'll keep it on my list of books I want to read out loud. (:

TheSycamores said...

I loved the "comfy bed" picture of family life...